|Location||Darling Brew Woodstock Tasteroom|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Report to Position||
The Head Chef/ Executive chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurant. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget.
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food/labour costs
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and manage kitchen staff
- Rectify arising problems or complaints
- Give prepared plates the “final touch”
- Perform administrative duties
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Keep time and payroll records
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
Key Responsibilities / Requirements
- Planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities
- Modifying menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Estimating food requirements and food/labour costs
- Proven working experience as a head chef
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, GAAP POS)
- Qualification in Culinary science or related certificate
- Valid Driver's License
- F&B Qualification
- GAAP POS System
5 years in the Food & Beverage industry
Attention to detail
Showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; maintaining watchfulness over tasks and ability to identify irregularities.
Identify, analyses, organize and solve problems and issues in a timely and effective manner. Anticipate problems, identify root causes and take corrective
action. Evaluate effectiveness of a solution.
Follows through and delivers results in spite of obstacles. Admits to errors and takes corrective action to avoid repetition. Approaches own work with dedication and high sense of responsibility.
Understanding main business drivers in order to impact on decision making; demonstrating financial awareness; controlling costs and thinking in terms of profit, loss and added value.
Compliant with relevant legislative requirements. Conduct regular checks and audits to identify areas of noncompliance and ensure timeous implementation of remedy actions and rectification.
Collate and report on information. Account for and verify reporting figures /statistics. Review/ analyse reporting statistics and figures in order to identify trends and make relevant recommendations.
Establishing a clear course of action. Involving others as appropriate. Managing and prioritizing activities and ensure monitoring of results to accomplish a specific goal.
Based on experience.
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: Head Chef when applying for this position.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com
Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.